Axiom provides a unique way of ingesting CloudWatch logs into Axiom. The Axiom CloudWatch integration is subscribed to one or more of your CloudWatch Log Groups and runs as a Lambda function.
- Create an Account on AWS Cloud
- Sig up or log in to your account on Axiom Cloud
- on Axiom UI, Create a Dataset and API Token with ingest permissions for that Dataset
Axiom CloudWatch integration is available and opensource on GitHub.
- Launch the Stack and enter your stack details:
- Name of your Axiom Dataset
- Enter the value of your Axiom API Token
- value of your CloudWatchLogGroupName and Data Tags
- Click Next and create your Stack.
- Create and Configure your CloudWatch LogGroup.
- Enter your log group name
- Set you Retention setting
- Specify your key tags on your existing AWS Resources
- Click on Create
- Back in your Axiom Dataset you'll see your CloudWatch logs
- You can subscribe to more LogGroups by launching the Stack. This will spawn a one time lambda to create multiple subscription filters with the lambda ARN as destination.
The template will be uploaded to S3.
With this you can send and get the logs from multiple CloudWatch log groups directly on Axiom.
- Back in the Axiom UI, you can see your logs directly from your Cloudwatch LogGroups.